To be successful in your Union Pacific hiring process, it’s imperative you prepare yourself for the Interview & Assessment Test.
Hiring Process at Union Pacific
Steps in the Job Interview Process:
- Apply Online
- Complete a Phone or Skype Interview
- Assessment test
- Background and Drug Screening
- In-Person Interview
Union Pacific Assessment Test
As part of the selection and recruitment process you will need to pass a number of assessment tests depending on the position you are applying for.
Abstract Reasoning Test
Abstract reasoning is a very important skill for workers at Union Pacific. This is thanks to the need to understand and evaluate complicated scenarios and problems with little assistance or managerial interference.
This section of the test will involve looking at complex figures and illustrations, then using the provided information to answer questions involving image variations, patterns, and more.
This portion of the Logic battery of tests takes a look at your verbal and reading comprehension, which is a useful skill for all positions at Union Pacific.
This section involves reading a prompt that may be of varying length. After you’ve read the text you must answer a series of multiple choice questions that involve the information provided in the prompt.
Numerical Reasoning Test
The numerical reasoning test section touches on your ability to understand and process mathematical data, though the need for advanced algebraic skills is not needed to pass the exam. Instead, you must be able to read graphs, charts, and written descriptions of data.
You will then answer multiple-choice questions, the answers to which can be found in the data provided.
In addition to the assessments at Union Pacific, you will need to complete a personality assessment. These evaluations are vital to discovering your natural behavioral traits and reactive tendencies.
The personality and Preferences Index involves rating a multitude of questions and scenarios. This might involve reading a scenario and choosing how you might respond. It can also mean reading a behavioral trait and expressing how closely you relate to that trait.
Start practice today and improve your hiring chances
About The Company
The Union Pacific Railroad, legally Union Pacific Railroad Company and simply Union Pacific, is a freight-hauling railroad that operates 8,300 locomotives over 32,200 miles routes in 23 U.S. states west of Chicago and New Orleans. The company is the second-largest railroad in the United States after BNSF
Headquarters: Omaha, Nebraska, United States
- St. Louis Southwestern Railway
- Loup Logistics offers the best, most effective and affordable solutions to solve your transportation and supply chain challenges.
- TTX Company is a provider of railcars and related freight car management services to the North American rail industry.
- Portland Terminal Railroad Company
- Union Pacific Railroad
- Southern Pacific Rail Corporation
- UMAX is a domestic interline intermodal freight transport program that provides shipping and logistics of containers.
Careers at Union Pacific
Show all jobs open
- Assistant General Attorney / General Attorney
- Jr Project Engineer Tech Command Center Operations
- Service Desk Support
- Track Laborer-Driver Eligible
- Train Crew
- Welder Helper
- Year Round Intern – External Relations
- Work Equipment Mechanic – Field (IAM Union)
- Occupational Health Nurse
- Front End Developer