Making a career change can be an exciting and nerve wracking time. If the next stop on your career journey is with ViacomCBS, there is a lot of important information you need to know to increase your chances of being hired. Read on for information on ViacomCBS’s hiring process and employment standards.
Hiring Process at ViacomCBS
The hiring process at ViacomCBS is lengthy, but straightforward. Here is a basic breakdown of the process:
- Apply Online With an Updated Resume
- Complete a Phone Interview
- Pass Pre-Employment Testing
- Pass a Background and Drug Screening
- Dependant on Position, Pass a Physical
- Complete a Final, In-Person Interview
Pre-Employment Testing at ViacomCBS
A great resume alone isn’t enough to land you a job with ViacomCBS. You must also excel at the pre-employment assessment given to test your personality traits and general intelligence.
Though there are many types of pre-employment assessments used depending on the position you are applying for.
The assessment consists of 4 separate tests:
This portion of the Logic battery of tests takes a look at your verbal and reading comprehension, which is a useful skill for all positions at ViacomCBS.
This section involves reading a prompt that may be of varying length. After you’ve read the text you must answer a series of multiple choice questions that involve the information provided in the prompt.
The numerical testing section touches on your ability to understand and process mathematical data, though the need for advanced algebraic skills is not needed to pass the exam. Instead, you must be able to read graphs, charts, and written descriptions of data.
You will then answer multiple-choice questions, the answers to which can be found in the data provided.
Abstract Reasoning Test
Abstract reasoning is a very important skill for workers at ViacomCBS. This is thanks to the need to understand and evaluate complicated scenarios and problems with little assistance or managerial interference.
This section of the test will involve looking at complex figures and illustrations, then using the provided information to answer questions involving image variations, patterns, and more.
In addition to the assessments at ViacomCBS, you will need to complete a personality assessment. These evaluations are vital to discovering your natural behavioral traits and reactive tendencies.
The personality and Preferences Index involves rating a multitude of questions and scenarios. This might involve reading a scenario and choosing how you might respond. It can also mean reading a behavioral trait and expressing how closely you relate to that trait.
How to Prepare for ViacomCBS Pre-Employment Test
Preparing for the Logic assessment is one of the only ways to ensure your employment process doesn’t come to an early end. Luckily, it is easy to prepare with the practice exams, study guides, and guiding materials available on our site.
If you are ready to begin a career at ViacomCBS, begin preparing for your exam, today!
Start practice today and improve your hiring chances
About The Company
ViacomCBS is one of the world’s leading producers of premium entertainment content that connects billions of people in nearly every country in the world.
Headquarters: New York, New York, United States
- Paramount Pictures Corporation is an American film and television production and distribution company.
- CBS is an American commercial broadcast television and radio network.
- Nick is a German free-to-air television channel, part of the international Nickelodeon franchise.
- Simon & Schuster is an American publishing company.
- The CW Television Network is an American English-language broadcast television network that is operated by The CW Network.
- Network 10 is an Australian commercial television network.
- Black Entertainment Television is an American cable television channel targeting African American audiences.
- The Smithsonian Channel is an American pay television channel.
- VH1 is an American basic cable television network based in New York City
- Paramount Network is an American basic cable television channel owned by the MTV Entertainment.
- Bellator MMA is an American mixed martial arts promotion founded in 2008 and based in Santa Monica, California.
- Epix is an American premium cable and satellite television network.
Find the job that fits your life
- VP, AV Production
- Sr. Manager, Digital Finance
- Executive Assistant – Strategic Planning
- Coordinator, Human Resources
- Resource Coordinator
- Simon & Schuster Fall 2021 Internship Program
- Assistant to Head of Programming, Development & Acquisitions
- Share this Job
- QA Engineer, OTT