If your dream job is to become a police officer or law enforcement officer then you should prepare to ace your test.
The following are the standard procedures used by most agencies when hiring for police officer.
- Complete an online application.
- Take the National Testing Police Exam
- Take the Physical Fitness Test
- Attend a preliminary interview and complete and pass a comprehensive background investigation
- Complete and pass the required Physical Examination and Psychological Evaluation
National Testing Network Police Exam
If you pass the pre-screening requirement, you will need to sign up for
the police exam administered by the National Testing Network.
The National Testing Network exam based on four components:
- A Work Attitude Questionnaire (WAQ)—this is
mandatory and scored
- Video-based human relations and judgment exam
- A report writing and multiple-choice writing test
- A multiple-choice reading test
Police Fitness Test
How to prepare for the fitness police test:
Applicants who prepare in advance usually have very little difficulty in passing the test
Its important that you will complete a self-assessment and begin your physical conditioning well in advance to be successful.
During the fitness test, you must complete the following:
- 29 sit-ups in 1 minute
- Complete 1.5 mile run in less than 16 minutes, 28 seconds
- Demonstrate control and dry fire of a Glock .40 caliber pistol
- 20 push-ups in 1 minute / Men
- 10 push-ups in 1 minute / Women
The state police and each department may design its own exam.
The exam can include the following subjects:
Police written exam, Reading Comprehension, Grammar and Spelling Test, Evaluating Conclusions, Spatial Orientation, Following Directions, Written Expression, Visual Memory Test, SJT test
Common police recruitment and interview questions
- How long is the hiring process for police officers? It usually takes about 13 to 19 weeks.
- How are police hired? You need to take a series of tests and exams.
- How hard is it to get hired as a police officer? According to the information, we found 30 – 40 percent of test-takers pass the exam and only 10 – 15 percent of those applicants are offered jobs
FREE ASSESSMENT TEST
Practice as many aptitude tests you can, the more you practice the better you will get your dream job.
- Free Logical Reasoning Tests
- Free Numerical Reasoning Tests
- Free Verbal Reasoning Tests
- Free Situational Judgment Tests
Below the most common Federal and Government jobs:
Learn about unique hiring paths for veterans, students and graduates
|Border Patrol Agent Exam||civil service Police Operations||Air Marshal Written Exam|
|Border Patrol exam||Dispatcher Test||Air Traffic Controller Test|
|Chicago Police Practice||911 Dispatcher||Assistant Director Exam|
|Civil Service Clerical Exam Practice||Civil Service Supervisor Exam||ASVAB Test|
|Louisiana 8100 PLE Exam||Clerical Associate Exam||Bookkeeper Exam|
|Mail Clerk Exam Practice||Correction Officer Test||Budget Technician Exam|
|Massachusetts Police Exam||correctional officer exam||California Police Test|
|USPS Exam||Court Officer Exam||Canada public service Office Skills Tests|
|New Jersey LEE Police Exam||Public Safety Officer Test||CRA Clerical Test|
|NYC Bookkeeper Exam Practice||School Secretary Exam Practice||Data Entry Operator Exam|
|NYPD Police Officer Exam||Secret Service Special Agent Exam||EDPT Test|
|NYPD School Safety Agent Exam||Secretary Exam||Environmental Police Exam|
|Peace Officer Exam||Special Agent Exam||Finance Clerk|
|State Trooper Exam||Firefighter Test|
|Police Records Clerk Exam||Toll Collector Exam||GardaWorld Screening Officer X-Ray Test|
|USPS Exam 474||TSA Exam||HSI Special Agent Test|
|2020 census employment test||US Capitol Police Exam||Immigrant Enforcement Agent Test|
|Library Clerk Exam||USA Hire Assessment Exams||Las Vegas Police Exam|
|FBI Special Agent|
Math Sample Questions And Answers
Sample Question 1
Maria works as a babysitter on the weekends. She charges a different hourly rate depending on how many children she is taking care of per night.
If Maria charges $20 per hour to take care of one child, and she charges 25% more per hour for two children, how much more money would she make babysitting two children for 3 hours than babysitting one child for 3 hours?
Sample Question 2
If James is x years old, her older sister’s age can be represented by the expression 2x-5. What is the ratio of Ellen’s age to her sister’s age when James is 10 years old?
Answer For Numerical Reasoning Tests
Question 1 – B
Question 2 – B