The MBTI Test is a valuable test for companies that want to hire the best talent. This assessment guides recruiters on the skills of candidates to help grow the business.
What is the MBTI Test
The MBTI Test is a personality assessment based on research conducted by Katharine Cook Briggs and Isabel Briggs Myers during World War II. His study is based on a number of personality types.
This test is useful in several areas, such as personnel selection, group dynamics, personal development, and more. The most recognized companies in the world rely on their precision to select the most outstanding workers.
Through this examination, the suitability of the candidate to fill the vacant position can be determined. The recruiter will have all the necessary information to determine if the applicant meets the characteristics of the job.
The MBTI exam aims to examine 4 major personality traits: introversion-extroversion, sensation-intuition, thought-feeling, and judgment-perception.
The exam aims to determine the following traits:
- Socialization. The individual’s ability to interact with other people, the ease of interacting or joining groups is evaluated.
- Information processing. It seeks to determine how the subject perceives the environment, captures information and processes a series of data.
- Decision making. It examines the mechanisms that people use to carry out a task, make decisions and solve problems.
- Assessment of the outside world. The purpose of this analysis is to determine how the candidate examines the situations or facts that surround him.
MBTI Test Format
The structure of the MBTI Test will depend on the exam providers, that is, the professionals who develop them. Typically, the test consists of 88 to 93 questions. The questions pose everyday facts or situations.
The candidate must choose only one answer among the options raised. There are usually several possible answers, although some tests only present two possibilities. The person has to select the answer that most closely resembles him.
It must be answered honestly and quickly. It is a good idea to ask the Human Resources staff for models of the test so that you can practice and become familiar with it. Only then can you present the test with confidence.
Evaluation & Results
The MBTI test does not include a “pass” or “fail” rating scale. It does not refer to questions answered “right” or “wrong.” It is only a test that examines the general behaviors of the individual.
It predicts the candidate’s performance in the company and how he or she would solve the challenges of the position. It has a 75% accuracy rate. The test specifies whether the subject is ideal for the job.
Each personality trait is evaluated against a letter. Therefore, the test results are expressed through a formula with 4 letters. A subject can be scored on this test in 16 different ways.
Recommendations to pass the MBTI Test
Quick Tips for Successful Exam Preparation.
- Get plenty of rest. You need to get a good night’s sleep the night before you take the exam.
- Get the job description. Talk to the recruiting team so that they give you all the necessary information to know the characteristics of the job.
- Practice a lot. This is the best form of training for the test. Thus, you will improve your performance and achieve the job of your dreams.
MBTI Test Practice Tests
Practicing before the exam is a good way to familiarize yourself with the test, train your skills, and gain self-confidence.
Only through training will you learn about the different types of questions and the ways to answer them.
Personality Test Assessment
What Are the Most Widely Used Personality Tests?