Learn everything you need to know about the Hogan HDS.
Questions and answers about Hogan Development Survey.
- What is the Hogan Assessment?
- How do you prepare for a Hogan Assessment?
- How long does it take to do the Hogan Assessment?
- How accurate are personality tests?
- What are the 4 principles of assessment?
- Can you fail a personality assessment?
- Is the Hogan Assessment timed?
- Are personality assessments accurate?
- What are employers looking for in personality assessments?
- Why are Hogan assessments predictive of future performance?
What is HDS test?
The Hogan Development Survey (HDS) describes your dark side of personality in your when reacting to stressful situations.
This behavior can have a very negative impact on work performance
The HDS takes approximately 15–20 minutes to complete.
The HDS scales to assess “dark side” personality:
Hogan HDS Sample Questions
Statement on a scale from 1 (strongly disagree) to 5 (strongly agree)
- Sometimes people take advantage of me.
- Would you like to be different?
- I get angry easily.
- I go straight for the goal.
- I warm up quickly to others.
- I often eat too much.
Get prepared for your online Hogan HDS assessment test
High score results are associated with the following characteristics:
Hogan Business Reasoning Inventory (HBRI)
The HBRI is a psychometric evaluation that measures the cognitive abilities of potential employees. It is designed for individuals interested in a career within the business field and is an excellent predicting tool of real-world performance.
The Hogan personality tests are most popular when applying to upper-level management and supervisory positions (e.g., directors, accountants, managers, consultants.)